About this opportunity
Massachusetts CFIDS/ME & FM Association is seeking a Coordinator of Volunteers to recruit, orient, guide and appreciate the volunteers who power the Association. The Coordinator will work closely with selected Board members to develop recruiting plans, establish relationships, orient and guide new volunteers, set up a system to track volunteer activities, and plan an annual Volunteer Appreciation event. This position requires a 12-month commitment. Time is flexible (approximately 20 hours/month) and work will be done from home with occasional in-person meetings in the greater Boston area. This position is a great opportunity to showcase your skill at team-building and achieving desired outcomes.
- Self-starter; outgoing personality; strong communication skills.
- Previous experience working with groups of volunteers.
- Intermediate computer skills, including familiarity with using databases and the internet; must have own up-to-date equipment.
- Commitment and enthusiasm for volunteering; sensitivity to circumstances of individual volunteers.
- Focus on successful outcomes.
- Willing to learn about CFIDS/ME and Fibromyalgia.
You don't have to be a patient to help in this way! This is perfect for a healthy friend or family member who has experience managing groups of volunteers, and a great resume-builder. If you are interested, please Contact Us.